Careers at Mechanical Simulation
Mechanical Simulation develops software that transforms the way that the automotive industry solves the most challenging problems we are facing today. Your unique skills will be fully utilized to help this cutting-edge company deliver the industry leading development and testing tools to a global audience. We will surrounded you with passionate and talented people from a variety backgrounds.
Types of employment:
Job Posting: Simulation Application Engineer
Mechanical Simulation is a relatively small company, in which technical staff member play many roles. The Application Engineer will develop new applications that can be used and then modified by customers to improve their usage of simulation in the automotive industry. The job will also involve working with customers to provide technical support and learning what new features should be added, writing documentation for new and existing applications, testing of new versions of our software prior to release, and conducting training both by web and on-site. Some travel will be required to local customer sites (Southeast Michigan and nearby) and possibly several overseas trips per year (Europe, Asia, and South America).
The following qualifications are required:
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering (or Bachelors degree with experience).
- 5 to 15 years of experince in automotive industry.
- Experience in using simulation software such as CarSim and Simulink or similar tools.
- Evaluating vehicle dynamics behavior at the system level (response to driver controls).
- Experience in evaluating advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) at the system level.
Experience will be helpful when starting the job in the following activities:
Using our products (CarSim, BikeSim, TruckSim, and SuspensionSim).
- Using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Creating new projects (examples) using our products and Simulink.
- Programming as needed to support automation and integration of multiple software tools.
- Writing documentation about new applications (example projects).
- Working with automotive driving simulators.
- Working with real-time simulation systems.